Monday, July 2, 2012

advice portraits

 
I've been doing another portrait assignment for a Belgian magazine and, like the colored portraits a couple posts down, I've also been doing this one for 3 years. They are for a weekly business advice column. So that makes around 200 portraits. The top ones are some of the latest I did, the bottom row some of the first I did, 3 years ago. It's interesting to look back, and wonder why they gave you the gig in the first place.
(Click images for bigger view) 

7 comments:

zach oldenkamp said...

wow man. that's a lot of awesome progress.

Tom Scholes said...

awesome, great to see the evolution!

dorobo said...

but hey there is something to like about both of these..

Jens Claessens said...

thanks for the comments guys, I was a bit frustrated with those portraits for a while and it's only these last couple of drawings I was feeling the improvement.

dorobo, I agree there is a quality to the first drawing if you look through the drawing mistakes. They're more boldly put down, and it's something i might revisit later.

tozo said...

well done jens!

Fehr said...

great stuff, Jens
both were handled a little differently but I find the two rows equally appealing.

Tom said...

Great portraits! Love these and your colour ones too. Just discovered your blog - great work all around!